There are two ways to support the St. John’s ICARE Foundation through AmazonSmile.
When you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the organization of your choice. Just sign into smile.amazon.com, go to your account, and select "Episcopal Health Services" as your charity of choice. Then shop as usual!
The second way to support St. John’s ICARE Foundation is to shop on our charity list. You can help by purchasing one or more of the featured items (baby items, toys or comfort items) by clicking on AmazonSmile Charity Registry and searching: "Episcopal Health Services" to find our charity.
Charity Wish Lists
In addition to our AmazonSmile wish list, we also have charity wish lists on Target and Walmart where donors can also purchase items to support our Baby Initiative, Comfort Carts and the Children’s Holiday Toy Drive.
Birthdays, anniversaries, and other special celebrations are a perfect opportunity to give back and support St. John’s ICARE Foundation. Instead of getting more things for your birthday, anniversary, or other special day, you can designate St. John’s ICARE Foundation as the recipient of monetary gifts in your honor.
Here’s how you can ask your guests to donate in lieu of getting gifts:
- Mention St. John’s ICARE Foundation on the celebration invitation and provide our mailing address and/or website so that guests can donate directly.
- If guests are donating online, they have the option of letting us know the gift is in your honor.
- If guests are donating by check, ask them to put in the memo line that the donation is in honor of your celebration. Checks should be written to St. John’s ICARE Foundation and mailed to 377 Oak Street, Suite 209, Garden City, NY 11530.
- Or, you can collect everyone’s donations at the event and then mail them all at once, or contact us to drop off the donations.
If you would like additional information about how to include St. John’s ICARE Foundation as a part of your celebration, contact Nancy Leghart, Executive Director or call 718-869-8062.
Gift Matching – Double your Impact!
Did you know that you can multiply your gift to St. John’s ICARE Foundation/Episcopal Health Services through your company match program? Many companies match employees’ charitable contributions, doubling (sometimes even tripling!) the impact of a gift to St. John’s ICARE Foundation. We always encourage our generous donors to contact their HR office to see if it’s possible.
Gifts In Kind, also known as in-kind donations, are charitable gifts of goods and services. Individuals, organizations, and groups can donate the following in-kind items to St. John’s ICARE Foundation to support the mission of St. John’s Episcopal Hospital by providing for patients and their families continuously throughout the year.
- New baby items like diapers, wipes, bibs, blankets, undershirts, and more (at this time we cannot accept handmade items)
- Essentials items for patients like new undergarments, warm clothes, shoes
- Gift Cards to food stores that will allow St. John’s ICARE Foundation to provide food to patients in our outpatient clinics who have lost their jobs
- Comfort items for our Comfort Carts such as granola bars, lotions, socks, toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, body sprays, hand sanitizer and lotions
- Raffle gifts (goods or services) to raffle at special events
For additional information or to learn more, contact Nancy Leghart, Executive Director or call 718-869-8062.
A third-party event is a fundraising activity by a group (business, organization, civic group) where the St. John’s ICARE Foundation has no financial responsibility and little to no staff involvement.
St. John’s ICARE Foundation’s Third-Party Events program makes it easy for businesses, organizations, civic/community groups, and individuals to give back.
Here are a few possibilities for events to get your creative ideas flowing:
- Everybody likes to dress up or dress down! Depending on the culture in your office, schedule a month (or two) of dress down or dress up days where everyone who participates donates a couple of dollars. At the end of your event, tally up the donations and send a check or make an online contribution to St. John’s ICARE Foundation on behalf of everyone in the office.
- What’s something people in your office or organization like to do? Do you have people who like to bake, or people who can sing? Maybe you have people who like to write poems, or people who play instruments. Or, people who like to play board games. Gather up a committee and choose one of those pastimes to organize into an event. To participate everyone donates a few dollars. When the event is over, donate those proceeds to St. John’s ICARE Foundation.
- Create “Fun-Raising Teams” in your office. This is a friendly competition between departments. Departments will host FUN “mini fundraisers” for your designated event time frame and invite employees to attend. Teams are totally free to be innovative in creating their “mini fundraisers.” Seeing what everyone comes up with is half the fun! Event attendees will “pay to play” or pay a few dollars admission to the event. The team that raises the most donations will get a special prize (you decide what that is). Then all the donations raised by every team will be donated to St. John’s ICARE Foundation on behalf of the group.
- Or, come up with another idea to raise funds. Just be sure to be creative and make it FUN for everyone while building team morale in your business, organization, or civic/community group.
Before you officially kick off your event, be sure to notify us of your plans at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a copy of out Third-Party Guidelines and Application which will provide you with fundraiser/host guidelines, how we can support you, the event agreement and a short budget worksheet.